The Buying Process: Where to Start?
- Contact a licensed Realtor to help you get as much information as you need.
- Pre-approved letter from your bank or mortgage broker.
- Your Realtor will suggest or forward your listings within your approved price range and criteria.
- Once you find the property you like, your Realtor can help you write up and present an offer to the listing agent.
- When your offer is accepted, you will have to hire a licensed inspector. Your bank will send a licensed appraiser and the loan will be processed, taking about a month’s time. You will also have to get a real estate lawyer to represent you in the transaction.
- When all of the requirements are cleared, you’re ready to close. Usually, closing is done at the buyer’s real estate lawyer’s office.
Think You’re Ready To Buy?
Call, email, or use the form below to contact Lydia and ask for more information.